The Black Experience: Reclaiming our Narrative
Over the past 50 years, the black experience is often filled with heartbreaking experiences. Join the multigenerational conversation about using your voice as a form of freedom and to express your freedom, not just in the wake of trauma, but also joy, happiness, sense of belonging, etc.
Hear from these trailblazers on how we can bridge the misunderstanding between the class divide in the black community, bring the narratives together and elevate a well-rounded view of the black experience in current day and the past. Black ownership is about owning your story and reclaiming our narrative.
- Martina Abrahams-Ilunga, Founder of You Had Me at Black podcast (Moderator)
- Elaine Brown, Activist and Former Black Panther Party chairwoman
- Shayla “ShaylaBang” Jamerson, Founder of So Oakland Collective
- Dezie Woods-Jones, President & CEO at The Training Institute for Leadership Enrichment (TILE)
Digital Business is Everyone’s Business
According to a 2014 Forbes article, digital business will continue to disrupt all industries and we will need to think differently to help our businesses avoid disruption. In this quickly transforming world that makes the prior ones obsolete while creating massive opportunities for those who can visualize the opportunity.
This session will highlight how digitalization is showing up in unlikely spaces and how to prepare for the shift in the way we do business. There’s no stopping the transformation for how we leverage technology to execute business and workflow processes faster, smarter and more efficiently.
- Molly Ford, Director, Global Equality Programs – Salesforce (Moderator)
- KC (Kathy) Cowling, Vice President, Digital Corporate Services & Solutions, HR Portfolio – Kaiser Permanente
- Simone Harvey, Digital Innovation Strategist, Wells Fargo
- Kymi Armour, Senior Manager, Product Management – Macys.com